Gregg Goslin is the Cook County Commissioner for the 14th District. He was elected to the Board of Commissioners on November 3, 1998. Commissioner Goslin has worked for the past fourteen years to “professionalize, modernize and privatize county government.
In addition to his efforts to promote efficiency and accountability in local government, Commissioner Goslin is passionate about working to bring a fair share of county resources to the 14th District and Providing citizens with quality constituent services.
Commissioner Goslin chairs the influential Finance Committee of the Forest Preserve District. Goslin is committed to increase transparency and promote fiscal responsibility throughout his tenure as Forest Preserve Finance Chair.
Issues & Accomplishments
- Sponsored and passed legislation calling for the creation of a homeland security oversight committee
- Works to control property taxes by increasing the efficiency of county government
- Sponsors and supports measures to promote professionalism in county operations
- Protects our forest preserves by opposing sale of non-surplus FPD land and promoting management based on consultation with professional conservations, botanists and volunteer groups.
- Increased transparency by sponsoring legislation to itemize tax dollar allocation on tax bills and post county records and Forest Preserve payments on-line.
- Committed to creating a more compassionate government by bringing services to the local community, such as the establishment of a primary care clinic in Palatine Township and in other mobile locations.
- Board Member, National Association of Counties
- Chair, Program and Services Committee
- Board Member, NACo Research Foundation
- Past Chair, National Association of Counties’ Hospital Task Force
- Past Chair, Large Urban County Caucus
Local Community Posts
- Board Member, Glenview Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Independence Day Celebration Commission
- Member, Glenview Optimist Club
- Former Officer, Northwest Municipal Conference
- Board Member, Thomas Place Senior Housing
- Member, Glenview Naval Air Station Reuse Task Force
- Member, Illinois House of Representatives, 89th General Assembly
- Supervisor, Northfield Township ,3 terms
- Township Collector, Northfield Township
- Township Trustee, Northfield Township
- Committeeman, Northfield Township, 1994-2006
Awards & Recognition
- Community Service Award, presented by the Illinois Park and Recreation Association and Illinois Association of Park Districts, with the Barrington Countryside Park District, 2011
- Community Service Award, presented by the Illinois Park and Recreation Association and Illinois Association of Park Districts, with the Glenview Park District, 2011
- Friend of the Cook County Farm Bureau, 2010
- Little City Foundation Ambassador Award, 2008
- Commitment to Communications Award, National Association of County Information Officers, 2008
- Outstanding Business Partner, Northwest Suburban Education to Careers Partnership, 2002
- Community Spirit Award, Northfield Township, 2001
- Outstanding Community Leader Award, Work Force Development Board, 1999
- Illinois Reaches Out Award, 1997
- Business Person of the Year, Glenview Chamber of Commerce 1997
Personal and Family Life
Commissioner Goslin is the President of Glenview-based Cabot Properties, Ltd, General Partner at Abington Partners, LLC, and Partner at Glenview Healthcare Management, LLC. He is a licensed real estate broker and a certified secondary education teacher in the State of Illinois. Goslin received his B.S. in Political Science and Secondary Education from Southern Illinois University and completed postgraduate study in Real Estate.
Gregg lives in Glenview with his wife Victoria, a special education teacher. They are the proud parents of three children: Kate, Maggie and Alexander.